LTD APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
How to Apply
See Benefit Highlights below
If you have any other group disability coverage that you intend to keep along with this coverage, please refer this page or contact us for more information.
If you have been declined by The Standard Insurance company for this coverage or any other group coverage administrated by Ryan Insurance Strategy Consultants medical underwriting is required, even in an open enrollment.
If you had coverage and it was terminated because you failed to pay premiums you must go through medical underwriting if you reapply at a later date or during an open enrollment.
Group LTD Benefit Highlights
- Guaranteed issue (Except for those members previously declined for medical underwriting)
- FPA members longer than 60 days can apply anytime, but will have to go through medical underwriting, except during an official open enrollment announcement.
- Definition of Disability: Own Occupation
- Partial Disability Benefit: Included
- Premiums are 30-60% lower than individual disability policies with similar features.
- Trailers/renewals/AUM fees, earned prior to disability, are includable in your pre-disability earnings and will NOT reduce your benefits if you are totally disabled.
- Elimination Period: 90 Days
- Monthly Benefits: 60% of income, up to $20,000 per month maximum benefit
- Benefit Period: For claims occurring on or before age 61, benefits are payable to Social Security Normal Retirement Age. Benefit Period maximums vary for claims between ages 62 and 69; benefits are payable for 1 year age 69+
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA): Included
- Monthly Annuity Contribution Benefit: Included (helps replace retirement contributions during claim)
- Monthly Assisted Living Benefit: Included (additional benefit for catastrophic disabilities)
- To view policy exclusions, limitations, and benefit offsets, see FAQ for details.
Plan C $20,000 Maximum Benefit Option Information
- For members currently on Plan A or Plan B who want to move to Plan C, please submit a new application.
- The Preexisting Limitation will apply to the increase in benefit. Example: If a member had a $15,000 benefit on Plan B and moves to Plan C, the preexisting limitation will be applied to the amount of benefit over $15,000.
- New members who sign up for Plan C the Preexisting limitation will apply to the full amount of the benefit. Please see the FAQs regarding the preexisting limitation.