FPA GROUP LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
How to Apply
1. You must be an eligible member of FPA to enroll. Sign up now.
2. Complete a 'Premium and Benefit' calculation using the tool to the right so you can see first-hand the discounts offered to you based on your insured income.
3. Take a few moments to review the Long Term Disability FAQ section, consisting of the most commonly asked questions from your peers.
4. If the plan looks right for you, proceed to the secured electronic application.
Upon submitting the application please wait for the "Thank you for your application" before closing.
5. If you are already insured and wish to update your benefits based on last year's earnings, go to the Benefit Update section.
See Benefit Highlights below
*NOTE* If you have any other group disability coverage that you intend to keep along with this coverage, please reference this page or contact us for more information.
Group LTD Benefit Highlights
- Acceptance is guaranteed during an official open enrollment announcement and for new FPA members who enroll within the first 60 days of membership. No medical questions asked.
- FPA members longer than 60 days can apply anytime, but will have to go through medical underwriting, except during an official open enrollment announcement.
- Definition of Disability: Own Occupation
- Partial Disability Benefit: Included
- Premiums are 30-60% lower than individual disability policies with similar features.
- Trailers/renewals/AUM fees, earned prior to disability, are includable in your pre-disability earnings and will NOT reduce your benefits if you are totally disabled.
- Elimination Period: 90 Days
- Monthly Benefits: 60% of income, up to $15,000 per month maximum benefit
- Benefit Period: For claims occurring on or before age 61, benefits are payable to Social Security Normal Retirement Age. Benefit Period maximums vary for claims between ages 62 and 69; benefits are payable for 1 year age 69+
- Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA): Included
- Monthly Annuity Contribution Benefit: Included (helps replace retirement contributions during claim)
- Monthly Assisted Living Benefit: Included (additional benefit for catastrophic disabilities)
- To view policy exclusions, limitations, and benefit offsets, see FAQ for details.